"If you cant feed 100 people, then just feed one..." Mother Theresa
By visiting regional parts of NSW, you contribute not just to the accommodation provider, but to the petrol station business, the grocer, the restaurant and so on.... and these business owners / operators then use the services in the town using the money you supply them. Tourism is truly worth its weight in gold as it multiples through a community, and is immensely missed when the visitors aren't there.
TIPS TO HELP COMMUNITIES;
- Go visit regional NSW - it has soooooo much to offer
- Don't take food with you, buy it there, support the small businesses in town
- Go off the beaten track and discover new things
- Spend time with people, it means more than you know... time is worth more than money as it connects humans and improved mental health
- Use social media to tell people about your experiences and travels - word of mouth is more powerful than ever before with the growth of social media
Here are some places that welcome your visit real soon....
“We have worked alongside Lori at the NSW Tourism Awards for three years. She is passionate about the tourism industry, knows it inside and out and brings a great level of insight and enthusiasm to the Award program. Lori has managed the intricate Award program with its numerous stakeholders with professionalism and integrity.”
Felicity Zadro, Zadro Communications